20 Questions: Mara Langer
We’re starting a new series of 20 questions so you can get to know more about the CYB family! First up, Mara Langer! Mara heads our Bay Area chapter and is a two-time breast cancer survivor. She resides in San Mateo with her husband David Langer, and their two young children, Malia and Ari.
^ ^ ^ Mara, right, at the CYB Annual Party & Fundraiser this past May!
Let’s get started!
1. ANY NICKNAMES? Mara B
2. WHAT IS YOUR FULL TIME JOB? Three part-time jobs.
3. FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU WAKE UP? Embarrassed to admit I check my emails.
4. FAVORITE HOLIDAY TRADITION? Shabbat dinner with my family
5. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE A KID? Astronaut
6. FAVORITE TV SHOW? All CSIs
7. IF YOU COULD BE ANYONE (LIVING OR DEAD), WHO WOULD IT BE? Golda Meir
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oatmeal
9. IF YOU COULD SNAP YOUR FINGERS AND APPEAR SOMEWHERE ELSE, WHERE WOULD YOU BE? London
10. FAVORITE SONG/ARTIST OF THE MOMENT? Bruno Mars
11. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Soccer
12. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Cannot remember it’s been so long!
13. YOU WIN A MILLION DOLLARS AND GIVE HALF TO A CHARITY OF YOUR CHOICE. WHICH CHARITY WOULD IT BE AND WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE OTHER HALF? CYB Charity, other half to spend on a family vacation.
14. ON SATURDAYS, I LIKE TO… SLEEP and play with the kids.
15. BEST DESSERT YOU HAVE EVER HAD? profiteroles
16. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE? Adults who don’t wear bike helmets, while riding with their kids (who are wearing helmets)
17. IF YOU COULD VISIT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD IT BE AND WHY? Nepal to climb the Himalayas
18. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Fly
19. WHAT ACHIEVEMENT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF IN YOUR LIFETIME? Being a mother
20. What motto/mantra do you live by?
You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
21. WHY CYB? To make a difference in the world…empower and educate others to care for their bodies, trust their instincts and get professional help when needed.