Did you know researchers say 80% of breast cancers are caused by lifestyle choices or environmental factors?
Take charge of your health and decrease your risk of breast cancer:
- Aim to keep your body mass index under 25.
- Stay active! Find an activity you enjoy doing and make it a habit.
- Don’t smoke and limit alcohol intake!
- Dense breasts? Have your health care professional go over your clinical exam in detail so you know what is normal for you.
- Know what is “normal” for your body, if you notice a change or difference, go see your health care professional.
- Eat a diet high in vegies, fruits, and whole grains. Try to lower fat and alcohol intake.
- Want kids? If able to breast feed, make sure to do it! It’s great for you and the baby.
- Find out about your family history and discuss it with healthcare professionals- for everything, not just breast health!
- Share this information with family and friends!