Join the Check Your Boobies Team as a Campus Ambassador!
- Minimum One Year Commitment (excludes holidays/summer/winter breaks) January 2015-December 2015
- 5 hours/week: evening and weekends when necessary
- 8-10 parties/ semester or quarter
- Health Fair and campus tablings: one/quarter or two/semester
- Improve and Expand CYB Social Media Campaigns
- Coordinate parties for local University campuses
- Reach out to and create relationships with panhellenic, resident halls, women’s groups, pre-med, health clubs and organizations, other student lead university organizations.
- Table at University fairs (general, volunteer, health) and on campus
- Familiar with University relations
- Responsible for College Party Administrative Tasks
- Distribute CYB reminders cards and swag to University health centers/women’s groups/campus locations
Interns and Ambassadors Management:
- Weekly check in with Program Manager (skype or phone call)
- Monthly conference call with PM and other interns/ambassadors
- Weekly log of hours/activities
- Create/update shared University contact spreadsheet
- Add to “other” universities shared contact spreadsheet with all Ambassadors
- FB group connection
- Desired personal and professional growth core value of position
- Positive relationship for both CYB and Ambassador
Job Description: CYB Campus Ambassador
September 2015-May 2016
As a Campus Ambassador at Check Your Boobies, you will network at your respective PAC-12 University. Primary responsibilities will include organizing and coordinating Check Your Boobies events for women in their late teens and early 20’s to educate them on breast health, and the importance of, early detection, screening, and being proactive about their health.
The Check Your Boobies Ambassador should be:
- A self-starter who is able to work independently
- Hard worker, able to see projects to completion
- Passionate about women’s issues/health
- Interested in learning about the non-profit sector/ fundraising
- Love the sales process- should have experience navigating the college social system , a proven record as a relationship builder and networker
- A strong writer with excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to find humor in most situations
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About Check Your Boobies:
CYB is all about putting women into action about their breast health, giving them tools for early detection, prevention and self-advocacy. We give healthy women, from all walks of life, a fun way to learn what they can do to feel more in control and less in fear about breast cancer. We also give breast cancer survivors a place to share the stories that can save lives.
One in eight women will get breast cancer in their lives. This means all women need to be equipped with the information and knowledge necessary to protect their health. CYB is all about giving healthy woman the education and tools for early detection of breast cancer for the best outcomes. Who cares about your health more than you do? No one. This means we must all be self-advocates, making sure we take control over our health. Doctors can downplay risk, miss symptoms, or under-order tests; when a woman takes charge of her health, she can get the care she needs. Self-advocacy around breast health can take several forms: through knowing your breasts and genetics, doing breast self-exams, getting recommended mammograms, and knowing what to ask your doctor. And getting into action about your health reduces fear!
CYB puts on free breast education parties, filled with socializing, laughter, camaraderie and just plain fun. Wherever woman gather, on campuses, houses of worship, workplaces, and mothers’ groups, CYB will bring breast educators and survivors to spread the word about early detection. A non-medical, fear-free, fun environment is the best environment for learning, even about serious topics. The parties are safe spaces created to encourage questions and sharing about breast health. CYB follows up the parties with monthly breast self-check reminders, educational resources on the website, and an engaging and informative blog.
CYB was started by Heike Malakoff, a women who found her cancer in her early 30’s when she was breast feeding her twins. Today cancer-free, Heike is a walking testimonial for the power of early detection and self-advocacy. Early detection can save lives, reduce treatment times and severity and improve outcomes. Breast cancer survivors know this, and want healthy women to have the benefit of their experience. And people learn best through stories, told by those who have walked the journey. That’s why a survivor, in conjunction with a breast health instructor, always tells their story at a CYB party. We give breast cancer survivors a great way to transform the fact of their disease into positive outcomes for other women. Survivors tell the stories that save lives.